In the box
• 2 Translucent 1000ml graduated bowls
• 2 Bowl hangers
• 1 Baseplate
• 1 Upright stand
• 1 Crossbeam with sliding compensators and hooks
Heavier than / Lighter than
Bring an assortment of objects to the classroom – (leaves, seeds, sand, coins, stones etc.)
Select 2 different objects and ask the children which will be lighter or heavier than the other.
Place the objects in the bowl and check your answer.
Balanced / Equal / Same
• Count aloud as you drop Counting Cubes into one bowl.
• Count aloud as you drop Counting Cubes into the other bowl.
• When the same number of Counting Cubes is in each bowl, the scale will balance. (5=5)
• Equal sign (=).
• Place 7 Counting Cubes in one bowl and 4 in the other.
• While counting, add cubes to the other bowl.
• When both bowls hold 7 cubes, the scale will balance (7=7).
(I started with 4 cubes. How many more did I add until the scale balanced? 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7)
More activities are available in the instructions included.